Sunday, August 13, 2006

F.R.I.E.N.D.S


The last four months i have been watching the FRIENDS sitcom. A friend of mine lent me all the ten seasons. I saw every episode. And in these four months i got into it.. the characters were so alive and friends became a part of my life. My daily routine would be : college.. back home... watch friends.. eat.. sleep.
By the time i was watching the 3rd season, i was so into it that i would even go eight hours at a stretch watching the episodes. I am awed by the sheer simple concept and yet how so interesting and hilarious each episode is. I wish i had friends like that. I wish i had a place like central perk where i could hang out with them...
Ross geller, Rachel greene, Monica geller, Chandler bing, Joey tribbiani & Phoebe buffay... i just cant pick one favorite character... all of them are splendid in their own way. The people that really ought to be thanked here for creating such amazing characters are marta Kauffman and David Crane.
I saw the last episode of FRIENDS a few days back...

Monica: Oh, honey, I forgot. I promised Treeger that we'd leave our keys.

Chandler: Oh, okay.

(Chandler and Monica walk over to the kitchen-counter and leave their keys. Then the other four pick out their keys and leave them as well.)

Phoebe: So, I guess this is it.

Joey: Yeah. I guess so.

Monica: (crying) This is harder than I thought it would be.

Chandler: Oh, it's gonna be okay.

(Chandler hugs her. Monica hugs Ross and Rachel as Chandler gets the stroller with the twins.)

Rachel: (crying) Do you guys have to go to the new house right away, or do you have some time?

Monica: We got some time.

Rachel: Okay, should we get some coffee?

Chandler: Sure. Where?

(They all leave the apartment. Joey helps Chandler with the stroller in the hallway, while Monica and Rachel have their arms around each other. Everybody walks downstairs to Central Perk. The camera goes inside the apartment again, and it pans around. We see the keys on the counter, and the final shot is of the frame around the peephole. The screen fades to black.)


only then i realized.... no more friends again... no more of them... and that thought made tears roll down my cheek... these four months they have had a huge impact on me... it was not just a sitcom for me... i felt as if they were all my fiends too and they were leaving me.... i wiped the tears and played the last scene again and again... when i saw that apartment empty, my heart felt empty... and all i could do was wave them goodbye......

8 Comments:

Blogger Eternal Child said...

actually had goosebumps reliving the last few moments of FRIENDS through your blog.. :)

the first thing that struck me about ure blog was that it seems very honest.. nice work... :)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Eternal Child said...

almost had goosebumps reliving the fina; moments of friend through your blog.. :)

honest place.. your blog.. :)

12:41 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

hey, i share the same sentimentality about friends, really love the sitcom!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooow dude...Have never heard of that..but your blog left a tear on me too..Brought back the memories of my three friends for whom i can afford to do anything...

thanks for dat buddy..

Sorry yaar..was quite away from blogging for quite sometime...so couldnt visit yours..will go thru the posts soon..

Keep blogging...

10:47 AM  
Blogger germinal dreamer said...

hey junior,
I found few comments from u in my blog.. thanks a million.. i also identified u as my junior in SSK cbse... i even vaguely remember u as keyboard player after karthik rajagopal left..
anywyas.. i thot it was too much of afeeling a guy K(i)D (lol) like u... gte real, friends is awesome but the fact u have real riends shld make u get over the slightest disappointment that comes with the 'last epidosde drama'.. may be u shld watch wonder years.. its even better.. not funny but too gud to miss..

9:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

crying now.. can never see those six keys kept on that breakfast counter of that eventful kitchen in that wonderful empty lavender apt...you've spoken for me friend.. truly... i'd give anything to be part of such a gang... i felt my long last wish honestly was half fulfilled whenever i get to spend time with u and manfu.. love u guys loads and loads and loads cant say how much :) :) :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Yusuf said...

you are absoulutely right ... i dont think we would live to watch another wonderful sitcom as good as friends ... it got me days to get over the fact that friends was over ... one amazing sitcom ... F.R.I.E.N.D.S was the best ... those 6 were amazing ...

1:07 PM  
Blogger Yusuf said...

you are absolutely right ... it was so heartbreakin to see the last episode of friends and to accept the fact that it was over after all the happiness and laughter it had brought to us through these 10 amazing seasons ... 6 womderful characters and one superb sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home